Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Rituals and Identity

Title: Sunday Breakfast

Source: Personal Experience


Relation: Comparing personal family rituals to how they shape my identity as the person I am today.


Commentary: Every Sunday my family would get together and have our breakfast. My sister would sometimes join us if she could get off from work. This breakfast was special, and it was different than the other days. It became a ritual for my family. It usually started off as casual conversation, then arguing, then resolution and casual conversation once again.

                       We did this every week, or tried to at least. I grew up loving Sunday morning, even when we didn't get together, because in my head i associated Sunday morning as a "happy" time in my head. Things are different here in school, away from home, but I still kept that idea of closure and stability that my family taught me to hold on to wherever I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment